Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This a wonderful one pan meal. Crusty bread and a salad make for a terrific Nah-leens style dinner.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 green onions, and tops chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups water
- 3 lbs shrimp, peeled,deveined
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- Tabasco sauce
- rice, cooked
- In a skillet, melt the butter and stir in the flour.
- Cook stirring constantly until this is a rich brown.
- Add the vegetables and cook until tender.
- Stir in the water, shrimp, parsley and seasonings.
- Simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
Oh, CC!! This recipe is so good! We really enjoyed our meal this evening thanks to your posting. I made this exactly as directed, only since it was just the two of us, I cut the shrimp to 1 1/2 lbs. Simple to make yet really delicious! A definate keeper! Thanks, CC!!
I thought it needed some more hot sauce to kick it up, but pretty good.
As good as restaurant fare! Maybe I'm weird but I think it's best with boiled cabbage with LOTS of hot sauce on everything! LOL.