1/3 Photos of Shrimp Etouffeé
1 hr 30 mins
Chef Dine's Note:
This is a winner! Lots of ingredients but your reward with so many complex flavors that really compliment one another!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (red or yellow)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil leaves
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4-3/4 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 -6 cups hot cooked rice
- 1Melt butter in a 4-5 quart pan over medium heat. Stir in flour until bubbly. Stir in green onion, yellow onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, bay leaf, thyme and basil.
- 2Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, stirring often until vegetables are soft, 20-30 minutes.
- 3Add the tomato sauce, wine, clam juice, water, Worcestershire sauce, white pepper and hot pepper sauce to taste. Bring to a boil while stirring over high heat.
- 4Turn down heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced to 4 1/2 to 4 3/4 cups, (about 45 minutes).
- 5Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, parsley and shrimp. Simmer until shrimp are heated through.
- 6Serve over hot cooked rice. Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Etouffeé
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.4
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 279.8 mg
- Sodium 1592.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 31.1 g