Recipe by Wing-Man
This was taken from EatingWell.com with a few changes. You can reduce the number of tortillas if you want less corn flavor.
Top Review by cali~jenn
i was going to post this recipe and saw it had already been posted. when i made this my hubby asked if this was "from that site because it is a 5". i followed the directions exactly only i doubled the recipe since i had a 2 lb. pack of shrimp. this turned out soooo good and yummy and healthy? you would never know it! we will be making this much more often.
- 1 lb peeled and cooked shrimp (I used medium shrimp)
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies (undrained)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce, divided
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F Coat a 9 X 13 glass baking dish with oil.
- Saute onion with fajita seasoning and oil.
- Combine corn, chiles and 1/2 cup sauce in a microwavable-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high until heated through. About 2 1/2 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce in the prepared baking dish. Top with an overlapping layer of 9 tortillas. Spread refried beans evenly over the tortillas. Top the beans with the corn and chile mixture, add onions and spread the shrimp evenly, followed by the remaining tortillas. Pour in remaining sauce to cover tortillas. Cover with foil.
- Bake the enchiladas until they begin to bubble on the sides, about 30 minutes. Remove the foil; sprinkle cheese on top. Continue baking about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream, salsa and cilantro.