Recipe by Kim1
Found these on another recipe board make them and really liked them.
Top Review by Suzanne S.
These are delish! I found the whole recipe on CD Kitchen, so google Shrimp Enchiladas CD Kitchen and it should come right up. Also, I've submitted a correction, so hopefully the full recipe will appear here shortly.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 lb cleaned and deveined shrimp
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat in a frying pan, add peppers, onions,jalapeno pepper,garlic and oregano.
- Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix in the cream and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat add the sour cream.
- Keep warm.
- Makes 2 1/2 cups sauce.
- Heat oven 350:. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium/high heat. Add shrimp and 1/2 of the green onions-cook until the shrimp are pink. Stir in 1/2 of the tomatoes and 1/2 of the sauce/ Spoon shrimp mixture into tortillas and roll up. Place seam side down in a baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce over the rolled tortillas, cover and bake 30 minutes or until hot. Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and tomatoes. Bake until cheese melts.