Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from Southern Living. They are the best I have ever tried. Very rich!
Make and share this Shrimp Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled fresh shrimp (medium-size)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 9 green onions, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil; add shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Peel shrimp and devein; coarsely chop shrimp, and set aside.
- Combine soups and picante sauce in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon 1 cup mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Reserve remaining mixture; keep warm.
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; stir in shrimp, 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, green onions, and chilies.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Spoon 3-4 tbsp shrimp mixture down center of each tortilla.
- Roll up tortillas, and place, seam side down, in baking dish.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over enchiladas; top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
The whole family, myself included LOVED this!!! The filling was rich and creamy. Had a very mild flavor which makes if kid-friendly. The onions and green chiles are the perfect touch. My 4-year old who is going through a very picky stage gobbled this up. Thanks Nurse Di.
rich, creamy, gooey and delicious. we loved this recipe. thanks for finding it Forgot the stars, edited 6/19/13.
This recipe was amazing! I made this recipe for a cinco de mayo pool party and they were a complete hit. I doubled the recipe to make enough for 2 trays. These went so fast that I only got to eat 1!!! They were a real hit. I would say that since I doubled the recipe I tried to make sure that the soup sauce with the picante sauce was not too hot. I just put in 1 cup of the hot sauce instead of 2. I would advise other people to make sure to taste the soup sauce as you are putting the picante sauce in so that you dont make it too hot. Loved this recipe. Will make this one again soon.