1 hr 30 mins
This recipe came from Southern Living. They are the best I have ever tried. Very rich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 lbs unpeeled fresh shrimp (medium-size)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 9 green onions, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1Bring 6 cups water to a boil; add shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink; drain and rinse with cold water.
- 2Peel shrimp and devein; coarsely chop shrimp, and set aside.
- 3Combine soups and picante sauce in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often until thoroughly heated.
- 4Spoon 1 cup mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 5Reserve remaining mixture; keep warm.
- 6Beat cream cheese and sour cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; stir in shrimp, 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, green onions, and chilies.
- 7Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- 8Spoon 3-4 tbsp shrimp mixture down center of each tortilla.
- 9Roll up tortillas, and place, seam side down, in baking dish.
- 10Pour remaining soup mixture over enchiladas; top with remaining cheese.
- 11Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (681 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.9
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 269.7 mg
- Sodium 2029.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 45.4 g