Recipe by Laurenhanna
A favorite in my house, plates are licked clean! its best with my homemade enchilada sauce, by far! but can be made with 2 cans enchilada sauce with 1/8 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbs cilantro, and 1 tsp onion powder, added.
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 lb shrimp (I use cooked frozen, defrosted)
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 cup mushroom (chopped) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups red peppers (half green half red, sliced, you can use frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (sperated in half)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425, spray oil in 9x13in pan.
- In med sauce pan, heat and mix shrimp, 3/4 cup enchilada sauce, green chiles, mushrooms, and peppers over med-high for about 5 minutes or until pretty hot, stirring occationally. if you dont use my encilada sauce recipe, add spiceyness to taste. (red pepper flakes, jalapenos ect.).
- while shrimp mix is heating, place 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of baking pan and place 4 tortillas (I cut a couple in half and place against edges to cover more of the surface area!) spread the can of beans over the tortillas.
- spoon 1/2 of the shrimp mix over the beans in the baking dish, sprinkle half of the green onion over the shrimp mix, cover with or 4 more torillas (they will overlap) and spoon rest of the shrimp mix over the tortillas.
- top with remaining tortillas (I cut them into quarters and just lay them out evenly) and pour remaining enchilada sauce over entire dish! cover with foil and bake 20 minute.
- after 20 min, uncover, top with cheese and sprinkle remaining onion over cheese and bake 5 more minute Enjoy!