1/1 Photo of Shrimp Enchilada (Casserole)
A favorite in my house, plates are licked clean! its best with my homemade enchilada sauce, by far! but can be made with 2 cans enchilada sauce with 1/8 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbs cilantro, and 1 tsp onion powder, added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 lb shrimp (I use cooked frozen, defrosted)
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 cup mushroom (chopped) (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups red peppers (half green half red, sliced, you can use frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup green onion (sperated in half)
- 1Heat oven to 425, spray oil in 9x13in pan.
- 2In med sauce pan, heat and mix shrimp, 3/4 cup enchilada sauce, green chiles, mushrooms, and peppers over med-high for about 5 minutes or until pretty hot, stirring occationally. if you dont use my encilada sauce recipe, add spiceyness to taste. (red pepper flakes, jalapenos ect.).
- 3while shrimp mix is heating, place 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of baking pan and place 4 tortillas (I cut a couple in half and place against edges to cover more of the surface area!) spread the can of beans over the tortillas.
- 4spoon 1/2 of the shrimp mix over the beans in the baking dish, sprinkle half of the green onion over the shrimp mix, cover with or 4 more torillas (they will overlap) and spoon rest of the shrimp mix over the tortillas.
- 5top with remaining tortillas (I cut them into quarters and just lay them out evenly) and pour remaining enchilada sauce over entire dish! cover with foil and bake 20 minute.
- 6after 20 min, uncover, top with cheese and sprinkle remaining onion over cheese and bake 5 more minute Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Enchilada (Casserole)
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.2
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 219.5 mg
- Sodium 868.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 36.3 g