Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom's special occasion shrimp dish.
- 3 lbs large shrimp, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup sauterne or 1⁄2 cup other dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package fettuccine
- Peel the shrimp; leave tails intact; devein and butterfly.
- Put shrimp in boiling salted water for 30 seconds.
- Drain and put shrimp in a shallow broiling pan.
- In a large saucepan, add butter and olive oil; cook over medium heat until butter melts.
- Add onion, garlic, parsley, and oregano; cook and stir frequently until onion is translucent.
- Add next 5 ingredients; stir until bouillon is dissolved.
- Lower heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture over shrimp, cover and chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Uncover shrimp; broil about 4 inches from heat, for 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Serve over fettuccine.