Recipe by CaliforniaJan
This is a delicious way to serve shrimp!
Top Review by TasteTester
I couldn't wait to make this because I love shrimp, and this recipe didn't disappoint. We loved the tangy flavor the chili sauce gave, as well as the velvety sauce that the sour cream made. I also sauteed the shrimp briefly and set them aside in a separate bowl until just after the rice cooked. They warmed up nicely when put back in the pan at the end, and were sweet and tender. Will definitely make this again -- maybe even using a bit more chili sauce -- it added such a spicy flavor. Thanks, California Jan!
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped for garnish
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter until golden. Add shrimp and mushrooms and saute until shrimp are pink. Combine salt, pepper, chili sauce and water. Add to shrimp mixture and bring to a boil. Stir in rice, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Combine sour cream and flour. Add to the shrimp and rice mixture and heat gently (do not bring to a boil). Divide between plates, garnish with chives and parsley and serve.