1/7 Photos of Shrimp Egg Rolls
These are my shrimp egg rolls. They might not be the most traditional egg roll, but this is the way I enjoy making them. Recipe can be doubled easily. They can be made with other meats, or without meat at all!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces shrimp, cooked and minced
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 8 water chestnuts, cut into small, thin strips
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce, to taste
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 6 egg roll wraps
- 1 egg, beaten (if you wish, you can use water, but it doesnt always work!!!)
- oil, for deep frying
- 1First heat your 2 Tablespoons of oil in either a wok or is a deeper skillet, and stir fry your shrimp, cabbage, carrots, water chestnuts, and celery for 3-4 minutes.
- 2Then put into the pan the following: bean sprouts, scallions, salt, soy sauce, and sugar, and stir thoroughly.
- 3Add this shrimp mixture to each egg roll wrapper (about 3-4 tablespoons of mixture in each wrapper).
- 4You will want to make a bunched line with the mixture closer to one side of the wrapper, making sure that you are placing it lengthwise down the longer side of the wrapper.
- 5Brush edges with egg.
- 6Fold the shorter side of the wrapper in (the side that runs lengthwise next to the mixture) completely over the mixture, and then fold over both sides of the wrapper that run the other direction.
- 7Then you will want to go to the end with the mixture and start folding (rolling) it tightly to make a cylinder.
- 8Make sure that when you come to the end of the last edge, that it is sealed tightly.
- 9Cover rolls with a damp towel while you finish rolling all of them.
- 10Heat oil in your deep pan to 375.
- 11I usually use about 1 inch of oil in my pan.
- 12Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, until skins are crisp and golden brown, turning them as they brown.
- 13Drain egg rolls on paper towels to get rid of excess oil and serve them at once for best results.
- 15(if my instructions are terrible, please try to send me an ISO in the message boards so that I may better assist you! I tried my best to explain my procedure!).
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.8
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 148.5 mg
- Sodium 1004.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 17.8 g