Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a WONDERFUL way to make this DELICIOUS dish as a VERY LOW CAL, VERY LOW CARB and VERY LOW FAT dish.
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄8 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 cup bok choy (shredded)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄8 cup sliced bamboo shoot
- 1⁄4 cup cooked medium shrimp (diced large)
- Place 2 Tablespoons of oil in a large skillet and cook the onions and cabbage over medium-high heat until tender.
- Remove from the heat, drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and add soy sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, drained cabbage mixture and sliced bamboo shoots.
- In a non-stick pan, over medium-high heat, add 2 Tablespoons oil and heat until oil is hot.
- Ladle half of cabbage mixture into the hot pan, and then the other half of the cabbage mixture into the pan, as you would for 2 large pancakes and then sprinkle the diced shrimp evenly on top of each.
- Cook about 3 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown and when jiggled, they slide in the pan.
- Turn over and cook another 2 to 3 minites until cooked through.
- NOTE: If the Egg Foo Young becomes brown too quickly, finish it by baking in a preheated 350 degree oven for a few minutes.
I can't believe how well it came out. I loved the crunch of the bamboo shoots.. my mother loved it as well. good job.