Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good shrimp pasta sauce. I love the addition of the cream cheese and the vermouth. Yummy. I like to serve this with a green salad and some hot crusty bread.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb pasta, of your choice cooked and drained (I like spinach linguine)
- .Using a mixer, whip the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly beat in the cream until blended.
- Add half the shrimp and remaining ingredients, except pasta.
- Whip again until fairly smooth.
- Stir in the remaining shrimp.
- Fold into the hot pasta (steam from pasta should heat up the sauce.).