Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty side dish or late night snack. Serve alone or with rice. I get many compliments on this dish!
- 2 cups cooked peeled shrimp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup mild salsa
- 3 dabs hot sauce (this makes all the differance!)
- Boil shrimp in frying pan on high heat until almost all water is evaporated.
- add all ingredients cooking on medium heat adding salsa last.
- Enjoy! Note: You can substitute the salsa for grated cheese melted on top.
I did one thing different in that I started with raw shrimp and as the water amount isn't specified I used a very scant 1/4 cup. This a a very fast fix and was a great lunch with some brown rice and a small spinach salad, I ended up using more than a 1/2 cup of salsa because I like it. I must say to make sure to use you very favorite salsa because it is the main flavor in this dish. Very enjoyable.