Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of the most delicious Shrimp Dipping Broth recipes for family gatherings or entertaining. It can be used as an entrée, or in smaller portions for an appetizer or soup. Based on Bubba Gump Shrimping Company's original recipe, our guests love it because this Cajun recipe makes lots of broth to sop up with your bread. It can be served with a side of rice, or just more bread!
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BROTH
- 28 ounces chicken broth (two 14 oz cans)
- 24 ounces clam juice (four 8 oz bottles)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon course ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUTEED SHRIMP
- 2 lbs medium peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 head roasted garlic
- DIRECTIONS FOR THE BROTH:.
- Melt butter and over medium heat until butter lightly browns
- Stir in pepper, Cajun seasoning, minced onion, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce
- Add bullion cubes, stirring until dissolved.
- Add in chicken broth and clam juice.
- Bring to a rapid boil, and immediately reduce heat to simmer.
- DIRECTIONS FOR SHRIMP:
- Saute butter and roasted garlic pulp until butter lightly browns.
- Mix in pepper, Cajun seasoning, minced onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in shrimp and cook to medium rare, turning frequently.
- Add shrimp and juices to broth and bring to a simmer.
- Serve in large bowl with French baguette for dipping, white rice for a side.
- Garnish plate with green herbs and lemon wedges.
This is a very tasty recipe. But I had the Shrimpin' Dippin' Broth at Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co. and this recipe still wasn't quite what I had had there. So, I added soy sauce just before serving. The soy sauce made the broth more like the dark, rich, salty broth that I had tasted in the restaurant. Try it - it's terrific!