1/1 Photo of Shrimp Dipping Broth
Larry E Vaughn's Note:
This is one of the most delicious Shrimp Dipping Broth recipes for family gatherings or entertaining. It can be used as an entrée, or in smaller portions for an appetizer or soup. Based on Bubba Gump Shrimping Company's original recipe, our guests love it because this Cajun recipe makes lots of broth to sop up with your bread. It can be served with a side of rice, or just more bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BROTH
- 28 ounces chicken broth (two 14 oz cans)
- 24 ounces clam juice (four 8 oz bottles)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon course ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUTEED SHRIMP
- 1DIRECTIONS FOR THE BROTH:.
- 2Melt butter and over medium heat until butter lightly browns
- 3Stir in pepper, Cajun seasoning, minced onion, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce
- 4Add bullion cubes, stirring until dissolved.
- 5Add in chicken broth and clam juice.
- 6Bring to a rapid boil, and immediately reduce heat to simmer.
- 7DIRECTIONS FOR SHRIMP:
- 8Saute butter and roasted garlic pulp until butter lightly browns.
- 9Mix in pepper, Cajun seasoning, minced onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- 10Stir in shrimp and cook to medium rare, turning frequently.
- 11Add shrimp and juices to broth and bring to a simmer.
- 12Serve in large bowl with French baguette for dipping, white rice for a side.
- 13Garnish plate with green herbs and lemon wedges.
You Might Also Like...View All Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Dipping Broth
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.8
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 256.0 mg
- Sodium 1443.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 35.0 g