Recipe by domesticatedmom
You're gonna love this ! You're going to gain fans on this one ! this is a well used dip for the holidays in my house and I've made it since the early 80's. it's from an old Better Homes and Gardens binder cook book. Get out the crackers, and you better triple this recipe....you're going to need it ! (it's not just for the holidays) you'll be making it for every get together ...
Top Review by Chef Maria #2
I have made this twice. The first time I followed the recipe, but the second timet I changed it a little. Instead of putting the cucumbers into the dip, I cut the cucumbers into rounds and used them as dippers. I also added more garlic powder than listed in the recipe and I used mayonnaise instead of Miracle Whip. I liked the second try better. It was good and I will make it again but It was not a rave dip.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip (fat free is fine)
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 dash garlic powder (garlic salt fine)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can shrimp, drain, rinse, chop
- 1⁄4 cup seeds removed cucumber, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- melba toast, called for in the book
Directions See How It's Made
- I use my electric mini chopper for this prep.
- Do all your chopping and add to your other ingredients mix very well.
- can eat immediately, or chill.
- I use chicken in biscuit crackers and wheat thins.
- Melba is a really hard cracker its not easy to eat by some guests.
- Pap and Gram prefer the softer crackers !
- Bon appetite !