You're gonna love this ! You're going to gain fans on this one ! this is a well used dip for the holidays in my house and I've made it since the early 80's. it's from an old Better Homes and Gardens binder cook book. Get out the crackers, and you better triple this recipe....you're going to need it ! (it's not just for the holidays) you'll be making it for every get together ...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip (fat free is fine)
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 dash garlic powder (garlic salt fine)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can shrimp, drain, rinse, chop
- 1/4 cup seeds removed cucumber, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- melba toast, called for in the book
- 1I use my electric mini chopper for this prep.
- 2Do all your chopping and add to your other ingredients mix very well.
- 3can eat immediately, or chill.
- 4I use chicken in biscuit crackers and wheat thins.
- 5Melba is a really hard cracker its not easy to eat by some guests.
- 6Pap and Gram prefer the softer crackers !
- 7Bon appetite !
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Dip/Spread (Shrimp-Cucumber Appetizer Spread )
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 168.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.6 g