Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from the New Orleans cookbook entitled "Jambalaya" which was the official cookbook of the 1984 Louisiana World Exposition. It is a very easy and flavorful dip. You must refrigerate it for the best flavor. Preparation and cook time does not include refrigeration time.
- 453.59 g raw shrimp, peeled
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml finely chopped green onion
- 118.29 ml finely chopped celery
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml finely chopped Italian parsley
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil and add shrimp.
- Boil shrimp for approximately 5 minutes or until done (do not overcook).
- In large bowl blend cream cheese with onions, celery, lemon juice, parsley, salt, cayenne pepper and mayonnaise.
- Gently fold in shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Wonderful!! This was absolutely wonderful! I paired it with some homemade pita chips and I was so pleased. I can't tell you enough how good it is. I'll be making this often.