Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This recipe comes from the New Orleans cookbook entitled "Jambalaya" which was the official cookbook of the 1984 Louisiana World Exposition. It is a very easy and flavorful dip. You must refrigerate it for the best flavor. Preparation and cook time does not include refrigeration time.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil and add shrimp.
- Boil shrimp for approximately 5 minutes or until done (do not overcook).
- In large bowl blend cream cheese with onions, celery, lemon juice, parsley, salt, cayenne pepper and mayonnaise.
- Gently fold in shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.