Recipe by Amy Duchesne
Cocktail Shrimp, cream cheese, evaporated milk, and garlic salt. Serve with ruffled potato chips or crackers. This is quick and a favorite at any party.
- 1 can baby shrimp (see directions below before draining)
- 2 (16 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- evaporated milk
- garlic salt (to taste)
- pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take softened cream cheese and place in a medium to large bowl.
- If the cream cheese is not room temperature, cut into cubes.
- Pour about 3 table spoons of evaporated milk onto the cream cheese and use and electric mixer to cream ingredients together.
- Continue to add evaporated milk 1 tablespoon at a time until mixture is creamy enough not to break a chip.
- Open the can of shrimp and drain 2 tablespoons of the juice into the mixture.
- Drain the rest of the juice down the sink and add the shrimp into the cream cheese mixture.
- Using the electric mixer mix the shrimp into the mixture until all is creamy.
- Add garlic salt- just enough to make it a little salty.
- Taste with chip or cracker to see how it tastes and if it needs more garlic salt, then add accordingly.
- Chill and serve with ruffled potato chips or crackers.