Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A really good dip, a recipe from an old friend, who served this at my bridal shower, many years ago.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄16 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces small shrimp or 4 ounces broken shrimp, rinsed and drained
- With mixer, cream the cheese, mayonnaise, and chili sauce.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, dill, and garlic.
- Mix well.
- Add shrimp.
- Mix again.
- Serve with crackers, bread sticks, bagel chips, etc.
Sorry, we didn't care for this dip.
I was so happy to find this recipe on the Zaar. My mom used to make this dip whenever they would have friends over to play cards, and I loved it. I made it for a family birthday party recently and it was very popular. I brought home an empty dish. Always a good sign.
Didn't have dill, but added some fresh chives from the garden. This is really good - in fact, I spread a very thin layer an an onion roll and had it for a sandwich. This dip tastes a lot better, and much less expensive than the store bought varieties.