Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this delicious dips when I have company over and they really enjoy them
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 envelope gelatin, unflavored
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cans shrimp
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- Heat soup, dissolve gelatin stirring constantly until dissolved.
- Let cool slightly, put in mixer with cream cheese and mayonnaise and mix.
- By hand add shrimp, celery and onion and mix.
- Serve with crackers. May be frozen.
- Grease container and pour into a mold to set in refrigerator, and then unmold to serve.
This is good as a shrimp mousse BUT even better if you replace shrimp with 2, 6 oz. cans crab meat. Excellent!
This really is an excellent recipe! And to make it even tastier, try using a 3 oz. package of lemon jello instead of the unflavored gelatin, it's even better!
I first got this from my MIL who neglected to give the entire recipe. She wrote out 1 can of shrimp. No wonder mine tasted so bland. Then I found it in an Ideals Christmas cookbook and read the proper recipe. Also use the most true tomato tasting soup you can find. Campbells works really well.