Recipe by loof
From the Junior League of Wilmington NC, a wonderful shrimp casserole dish.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
Like Parsley said, this has great flavor, but it was very runny. It almost seemed like it should have been a topping for pasta. I could see it with spaghetti noodles. If I make this again I will do that and also cut back on the liquids. Fun to try, thanks for the recipe! Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders tag.
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 2 lbs shrimp, cooked and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add mushrooms and garlic and simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend in flour, salt, mustard, and cayenne. Slowly add milk and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Add wine, shrimp, and parsley.
- Pour into a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.