1/2 Photos of Shrimp Diane
Hey Jude's Note:
This is indescribably good.....a great recipe for a special occasion for 2 people. If you plan on making this for more than two people, do it in separate batches. I serve this over rice and also have french bread to mop up the delicious sauce. Recipe is from Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined (use the shells to make shrimp stock)
- 6 tablespoons shrimp stock (use my recipe for seafood stock or your own)
- 3/8 lb unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped green onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 lb mushroom, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh parsley
- French bread, pasta or steamed rice
- 1In a large skillet melt 1 stick of the butter over high heat; when almost melted, add the green onions, salt, garlic, the ground peppers, basil, thyme and oregano; stir well.
- 2Add the shrimp and saute just until they turn pink, about 1 minute, shaking the pan (versus stirring) in a back-and-forth motion.
- 3Add the mushrooms and 1/4 cup of the stock; then add the remaining 4 tablespoons butter in chunks and continue cooking, continuing to shake the pan.
- 4Before the butter chunks are completely melted, add the parsley, then the remaining 2 tablespoons stock; continue cooking and shaking the pan until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly and butter sauce is the consistency of cream.
- 5Serve immediately in a bowl with lots of French bread on the side, or serve over pasta or rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Diane
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 887.1
- Calories from Fat 661
- Total Fat 73.5 g
- Saturated Fat 44.5 g
- Cholesterol 528.6 mg
- Sodium 1229.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 51.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: