Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and easy meal with a spicy kick.
- 8 -10 large shrimp, deveined, tail on
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced with seeds
- 2 large roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 lb linguine, cooked
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute onion and jalapeno about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, crushed red pepper and shrimp and cook until shrimp is opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice and white wine and reduce until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Divide cooked linguine into two bowls and spoon sauce over.
- Serve immediately and pass grated Parmesan cheese.
This is sooo good. I made the olive oil/whole wheat pasta version and it was marvelous. We had fresh roma tomatoes, onions and jalapenos from the garden. This is going to be a regular on the it's late/I'm tired menu.
This was delicious, surpirsingly filling and very satisfying. I did use olive oil (and less of it)instead of the butter and without a problem. Based on other reviews I increased the jalapenos & garlic. I was afraid if I followed the isntructions that the shrimp would be rubbery, so I removed them while letting the sauce simmer and returned them just befor serving. Thank you PanNan for sharing the recipe.
Delicious! I upped the garlic to 3 cloves (we love it) and we really enjoyed it. A great 'classy' meal when there's not too much time to spend in the kitchen.