A quick and easy meal with a spicy kick.
Make and share this Shrimp Diablo for Two recipe from Food.com.
- 8 -10 large shrimp, deveined, tail on
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced with seeds
- 2 large roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 lb linguine, cooked
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute onion and jalapeno about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, crushed red pepper and shrimp and cook until shrimp is opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice and white wine and reduce until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Divide cooked linguine into two bowls and spoon sauce over.
- Serve immediately and pass grated Parmesan cheese.
Delicious! I upped the garlic to 3 cloves (we love it) and we really enjoyed it. A great 'classy' meal when there's not too much time to spend in the kitchen.
Served small portions of this without the linguine and they were mopped up by bread. Delizioso
Excellent, easy and tasty. I did not have red onion, and I used a can of diced tomatoes (drained) in place of the roma tomatoes. I agree that the shrimp should probably be removed from the sauce to avoid over-cooking. Thanks for the post.