Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
spicy shrimp with vegetables and linguine
- 2 lbs shrimp, devined and peeled
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 1 large tomatoes
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter (you can add less, to lower fat)
- fresh pepper
- Clean and chop tomato, bell pepper. Chop onion. Mince garlic.
- Heat oil and butter in large pan. Add onion, bell pepper,garlic,bay leaf and tomato and crushed red pepper. (If you want more heat, rub the pepper flakes in your palm before adding, it releases more of the oils in the pepper.) Simmer slowly for 20 minutes or until vegs become soft. Add shrimp. Bring back to simmer. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp look pink. Don't overcook! Shrimp cook very fast.
- Serve over linguine with some fresh parmesan.