Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Abby Girl
This recipe had a lot of potential, but as is, we found that it was incredibly hot. I guess we are wimps when it comes to spicy foods, but you would have to be a fire eating dragon to enjoy this! This left our company and ourselves with tingling lips.... we were definately getting our water in!!! That said.... my changes would be to increase the diced tomatoes to (almost) 28 oz, cut the chili paste back to 1-1/2 tsp and work from there and decrease the red pepper flakes to 1/4 tsp. I will make this again....but just toned down
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper; add shrimp to pan and cook 1 minute on each side or until done; remove shrimp from pan.
- Add garlic to pan; saute 1 minute; add chile paste, scraping pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Add cumin and tomatoes; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in shrimp, parsley, and red pepper.
- Toss with pasta.