Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lovely shrimp dish, Sicilian style. You may serve this over pasta, or as an appetizer. Recipe is from Mabel and Santo Formica.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; place in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with garlic and seasoned salt, tossing to coat.
- Add olive oil, tossing well.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumb mix, and toss to coat.
- Arrange shrimp in an even layer in a olive oil-greased 15" x 9" jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes, stirring twice.
- Serve Warm.
- See recipe for Italian Breadcrumb Mix.
So delicious. I doubled the recipe and served the shrimp as our main course. The flavor was wonderful with the garlic and Italian bread crumbs. Very easy to prepare. Kids and adults thoroughly enjoyed this so will definitely make again. I did like Kimke and served with salad and hot french bread. Thanks for a lovely meal.
Yummy!! I added about 4 cloves of minced garlic and some dried oregano in addition to the other spices. these were so easy and so good. We just ate them by themselves with a green salad and a crusty loaf of french bread!
Nice flavor, but honestly, it was too salty. Next time I will use much less seasoning salt.