Recipe by Pets'R'us
The shrimp I can buy here, in the Netherlands, are very tiny and have a good flavor for this recipe.
Top Review by IAteMyGluestick
A beautiful appetizer, very elegant, great recipe if you're trying to impress people! The yolk mixture was way too dry, which is the only reason why I am rating this 4 stars. I have to add a few more tablespoons of mayo. They were a hit at our snooty cousin's easter celebration this year!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 ounces cleaned cooked small shrimp
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brandy or 1⁄2 tablespoon whiskey or 1⁄2 tablespoon dry sherry
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the shrimp, except for 12, which will be used for garnish.
- Half the eggs remove the yolks; mix them with the shrimp and the other ingredients.
- Check the seasoning.
- Fill the eggs with the mix and garnish each one with a shrimp.
- Serve on a lettuce lined platter/plate.