Recipe by islandgirl77551
This is part of a salad recipe that was in Family Circle Magazine. I am also posting the salad recipe. It is called Shrimp Deviled Egg Salad. The deviled eggs are great in the salad, yet good enough to eat all by themselves.
Top Review by Ms B.
I was craving egg salad and remembered this deviled egg recipe. I prepared the filling (but downsized to just a few eggs), and then chopped up the egg whites and combined to form a "salad" to spread between slices of toasted bread. The sandwich was very good. I used small frozen (and defrosted) salad shrimp and dried dill. The garlic salt left it a bit overly salty for my taste, and I might use just plain garlic powder and salt (to control the saltiness without compromising the garlic flavor) in the future.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp (cooked and finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut peeled eggs in half lenghtwise.
- Scoop yolks out into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add mayonniase,dijon mustard,dill,lemon juice,garlic salt,pepper and shrimp to egg yolks and stir to blend completely.
- Fill each egg white with yolk mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.