Recipe by Just Cher
This dish takes but minutes to prepare but is fancy enough for one of those special evenings. I sometimes double the sauce to dip the bread.
Top Review by Southern Transplant
Very good; I have this in my Southern Living cookbook. I was afraid my husband would think it was bland, but he said it was good and that the flavor of the shrimp came thru rather than being covered up.
- 2 lbs unpeeled large raw shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 French rolls, split lengthwise & toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Sauté green onion and garlic in butter until onions are tender.
- Add shrimp,wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium high heat about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in dill weed and parsley.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over toasted rolls topping with a little of the sauce.