Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish takes but minutes to prepare but is fancy enough for one of those special evenings. I sometimes double the sauce to dip the bread.
- 2 lbs unpeeled large raw shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 French rolls, split lengthwise & toasted
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Sauté green onion and garlic in butter until onions are tender.
- Add shrimp,wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium high heat about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in dill weed and parsley.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over toasted rolls topping with a little of the sauce.
Very good; I have this in my Southern Living cookbook. I was afraid my husband would think it was bland, but he said it was good and that the flavor of the shrimp came thru rather than being covered up.
This was great! I used peeled, deveined shrimp since I do not devein and subbed cilantro for the parsley since I had some I needed to use. My youngest two children gobbled it up and my husband said it was a keeper and would like to try it over pasta. Thanks for a great recipe!
Well, the only change I made to this was to halve the recipe, and all I can say is that I wish I hadn't!! This is a very good and quick meal! I did toast the rolls slightly as Bev had suggested, and they were delicious. No need to be "nervous" about this one hon, as it is truly a very good recipe!! Thanks, and I will be making this again! :)