Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dish was made for me by my friend charter boat Capt. Buck Melvin who has since passed. I watched over his shoulder and wrote it all down for posterity, I have been very glad that I did.
- 1 lb jumbo gulf shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (enough to barely cover bottom of pan)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash louisiana hot sauce (can be omitted completely or add more to taste)
- Heat saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter, swirl to cover bottom of pan.
- Add garlic and stir for a few seconds to get the flavor going, but don't let garlic start to brown.
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper, stir to coat shrimp. Add hot sauce if using.
- Cook over medium heat stirring often, as soon as the shrimps turn pink, they are done.
- Stir in remaining tablespoon of butter. Serve and Enjoy!