Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Don't remember where this recipe came from, have served it for years. A family favorite.
Make and share this Shrimp DeJonghe recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter over low heat in small saucepan.
- Add garlic, parsley, paprika, pepper, and wine, and mix thoroughly.
- Stir bread crumbs into butter mixture.
- Place shrimp in 13x9 baking dish.
- Spread butter and crumb mixture over.
- Bake at 350 F degrees about 30 minutes, until crumbs brown.
- Sprinkle with more fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve with good bread for dipping in garlic/herb butter.
I have been looking for this recipe for some time. I first found it in a Better Homes and Garden cookbook more years ago than I care to remember and served it often to great reviews. At that time the liquid of choice was chicken broth(as you might expect from a '50's cookbook). I am going to try this with a combination of white wine and chicken broth as I believe the broth will keep the original flavour which was soft and garlicky. Many white wines have a tendecy to take over,dominate and change delicate foods such as shrimp.
Wow, a very good shrimp dish. We loved the butter and garlic flavor on the shrimp. Very east to prepare, and elegant enough for guests. A wonderful meal with a crisp green salad, and Swiss garlic bread. Wonderful, Terri, I will make this one again!
Excellent entree'! I had a couple of handfuls of fresh baby spinach which I lightly sauteed with the frozen shrimp in olive oil and garlic. I used 2 1/2 cups of breadcrumbs and when it was already to go into the oven I sprinkled some parmesan cheese on top. It was so good. Thanks, Carole in Orlando