1/1 Photo of Shrimp Curry Rice
Maya's Mama's Note:
Just a little something I threw together in a rush and my husband loved it, so I thought I'd share.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, thawed and peeled
- 1/2 cup basmati rice (or other white rice doesn't really matter what kind)
- 1 leek, white and light green stalk sliced real thin
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup water
- 1Start cooking the rice:.
- 2Add rice and water to a pot (or rice cooker).
- 3In a separate pot:.
- 4Add shrimp leeks and butter, stir at high heat for 3 minutes.
- 5Turn stove to low heat.
- 6Add curry powder, coriander and garlic salt; stir well.
- 7Allow to simmer COVERED for 5 minute.
- 8Add mayo; stir well. The mixture should be a pale yellow color.
- 9At this point the rice should be about half done and there should be a fair amount of water in the pot.
- 10Add rice and it's water to the shrimp mixture; stir well.
- 11Cover and allow the rice to cook for a further 6 minutes or until the water has been absorbed but before the rice burns at the base of the pan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Curry Rice
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1200.9
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 759.9 mg
- Sodium 1075.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 101.7 g