Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Extremely simple, and quick recipe. For vegetarians, this is good when you sub tofu for the shrimp. It's classified loosely as Asian I suppose.
- 1 cup sauteed mushroom
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (I use 3 but I like curry alot)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk (use coconut milk for a sweeter flavor)
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 cups already steamed and peeled shrimp
- Saute mushrooms in 1 tbsp butter over medium heat until wilted. (about 10 mins)
- In a large frying pan, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium high heat.
- Blend in flour, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- When mixture is thoroughly mixed, add milk and cream and continue cooking over high heat until mixture thickens.
- Add mushrooms and shrimp and continue to cook another 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve over white rice.
Love it just like my cousin use to make perfect making some right now thanks
Very, very, very yummy and super quick too. I served this over noodles as that is what I had at home. For the less experienced cook, make sure your rice is almost done before you start as this really does cook together very quickly. Thank you for a great dinner
Absolutely tastes like the thai food I order from our favorite Thai restaurant. I used probably 4-5 teaspoons of curry powder and didn't feel it was over-powering.I also added cauliflower and carrots and pineapple chunks along with my shrimp. DELICIOUS!!!