- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 -4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 lb fresh shrimp, peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter; add onion and flour. Stir until a smooth paste is formed.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil.
- Add coconut milk when mixture begins to thicken, then add the remaining seasonings and shrimp.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice and garnishes.