1/1 Photo of Shrimp Curry
echo echo's Note:
I adapted this from a recipe I got from a former professor of mine. Serve over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 lbs shelled and deveined shrimp (3-4 lbs in shells)
- 3 -5 tablespoons safflower oil or 3 -5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)
- 1About 30 minutes before serving, in blender or food processor, blend together yogurt through garlic on the ingredient list at medium speed until smooth.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat cook shrimp in 3 Tbs hot oil until just tender, approximately 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Add more oil if necessary.
- 4Remove shrimp from skillet with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- 5In remaining oil (again add more if necessary), cook onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in yogurt mixture.
- 7Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low.
- 8Simmer 5 minutes or until the mixture is slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- 9Return the shrimp to the skillet.
- 10Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Curry
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 294.8 mg
- Sodium 745.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 37.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar