Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different shrimp creole, very elegant.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left on
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup vermouth
- 8 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion and green pepper in olive oil unitl onion is transparent. Add garlic and bay leaf.
- Add shrimp, when they start turning pink, add paprika. Stir well and add wine, parsley, salt and pepper.
- If sauce seems to thin, throw in a handful of bread crumbs(unseasoned).
- Serve with fluffy rice. and fried ripe plantains.