Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Another find that sounded tasty and easy.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions (chopped)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 cup celery (thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (raw, peeled, and deveined)
- 1 bunch green onion (white and green, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon file powder
- 3 cups cooked white rice or 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- hot pepper sauce
- Combine the tomatoes with their juices, the broth, onions, bell pepper, celery, garlic, paprika, black pepper, salt, pepper sauce, and bay leaf in the slow cooker; stir in the tomato paste. Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH 2.5-3 hours.
- Discard the bay leaf. Stir the strimp, green onions, and file powder into the hot tomato veggie mixture, cover & cook until the shrimp are cooked through about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked rice with a bottle of hot pepper sauce on the side.