Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This easy creole can be made in the oven or on the grill.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 -3 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Have 4 sheets (12x18-inch each) Reynolds Wrap Everyday Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil ready.
- Have nonstick cooking spray (such as Pam) handy.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F or grill to medium high. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine rice, tomatoes, green pepper, celery, onion, Creole seasoning, brown sugar and oregano. Stir in shrimp.
- Center one-fourth of mixture on each sheet of foil.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven OR grill 8 to 10 minutes in covered grill.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Note: Cook time does not include cooking of the rice.