Souper-Easy Meals! Woman's World 5/9/00. This gets its rich sauciness from a can of condensed tomato soup that keeps it skinny (just 21% of calories from fat!) without sacrificing flavor.
- 236.59 ml uncooked rice
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 453.59 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 283.49 g packagefrozen whole baby okra, sliced and thawed
- 1 onion, chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml crushded red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 303.33 g can condensed tomato soup
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet melt 1 T. butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook, turning once, until pink and opaque, 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet: set aside.
- In same skillet melt remaining 1 T. butter over medium-high heat. Add okra, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper flakes and bay leaf; cook until vegetables are softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in tomatoes with juice, soup and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer until flavors blend, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in reserved shrimp; heat through, 1 minute. Remove and discard bay leaf; serve over rice.