Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Woo, very French Quarter...
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 (7 ounce) packagefrozen cleaned raw shrimp (about 1 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot cooked rice
- Melt butter in 8-inch skillet; cook and stir onion, celery, gren pepper and garlic over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, parsley flakes and seasonings.
- Simmer uncovered 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in frozen shrimp; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until shrimp are done, about 10 minutes.
- Serve on rice.