Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my family's favorites. My Dad always requests this meal for his birthday. It's so tasty! Double the recipe for sure! You may add any type of rice that you prefer.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 3⁄4 cups v 8 vegetable juice or 1 3⁄4 cups tomato juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups Minute Rice or 1 3⁄4 cups rice, of your choice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- Sauté onion, celery, and green pepper in butter.
- Add shrimp and cook till shrimp is pink.
- Add V-8 juice, Worcestershire's sauce, sugar, bay leaf, sprinkle of salt/pepper, and lemon juice.
- Add minute rice and remove bay leaf.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- If you use other types of rice--you may have to add more liquid and simmer longer of course.
- Old bay seasoning may also be added for extra spice.