Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
New Orleans Shrimp Creole!
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped (less if dried)
- 1⁄3 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree (canned)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cooked rice
- Saute onions, celery, parsley and bell pepper unil tender in olive oil.
- Add water, tomatoes, puree and garlic.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add worcestershire, hot sauce and salt.
- Cook mixture for 1 hour.
- Add shrimp and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Serve over rice with French bread.
Stephanie, this is divine! I made it exactly as written. We had another couple over for dinner, and between the 4 of us, we polished off ALL of this! The side salads I made went virtually untouched as we ooohhed and ahhhhed our way through the meal. I have had Shrimp Creole before, but this is absolutely the best!Thanks for a great recipe... this one will get a lot of use!
Made this dish for dinner last night. It was awesome. Very easy to make and the family gobbled it right up. I will definitely make this one over and over again.
This was very easy to make and very tasty. It's even better the second day! (if you actually have any left for a second day)