Recipe by Kikimony
New Orleans Shrimp Creole!
Top Review by Terri F.
Stephanie, this is divine! I made it exactly as written. We had another couple over for dinner, and between the 4 of us, we polished off ALL of this! The side salads I made went virtually untouched as we ooohhed and ahhhhed our way through the meal. I have had Shrimp Creole before, but this is absolutely the best!Thanks for a great recipe... this one will get a lot of use!
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped (less if dried)
- 1⁄3 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree (canned)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, celery, parsley and bell pepper unil tender in olive oil.
- Add water, tomatoes, puree and garlic.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add worcestershire, hot sauce and salt.
- Cook mixture for 1 hour.
- Add shrimp and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Serve over rice with French bread.