Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this out of Naparima Girls' High School Cookbook The Multi-Cultural Cuisine of Trinidad and Tobago
- 2 lbs shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons green seasoning i use recaito
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb tomatoes, chopped (14 oz.) or 1 can diced tomato (14 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon diced hot pepper (optional)
- season shrimp with green seasoning.
- saute garlic,onion,celery,and bell pepper in butter until tender but not browned.
- blend flour and sugar, then add tomatoes,salt,hot pepper simmer 15 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook on high heat 5-10 min or until shrimp is cooked.
- adjust seasoning and serve with white rice.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOve it ...so simple n taste soooooooo complex!!!!!!!!!!!!
This smelled absolutely like a piece of heaven while it was cooking. Followed the recipe except I only used one pound of shrimp and I omitted the optional pepper and instead of recaito I had to improvise and use green taco sauce by Ortega for the shrimp. I don't like creoles very much, but yours was as good as any I have tried. Thanks for posting tunamanphd! Made for Fall 2011 PAC