Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Given to me by a friend who always makes this as an anniversary dish for her husband, it becomes a favorite for any shrimp lover!
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 of a large green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash red cayenne pepper
- 14 -16 ounces fresh frozen shrimp
- 3 -4 cups hot cooked rice
- Saute onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in butter until onion is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water and seasoning.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes and add water if needed.
- Run shrimp under hot water and stir into sauce mixture.
- Heat to boiling.
- Cover and lower to medium heat and cook for 25 minutes or until shrimp are tender.
- Service over rice.