Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
From A.W.Shucks restaurant in Charleston, SC. A lighter version of the original.
- 12 ounces shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- 2 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 ounces low-sodium tomato sauce
- 2 ounces low-sodium chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Saute onion and bell pepper in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add shrimp and cook for 1 min.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Serve over hot rice.