Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 quart shrimp stock
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 quart ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons tiger sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 6 cups cooked long-grain rice
- Sauté onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except the shrimp. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the shrimp. Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- To serve, place 1 cup of rice in the center of the plate, and ladle the sauce around it. Garnish with fresh chopped green onion.